With the prevalence of digital media, you might be thinking that print is dead. However, the flourishing use of flyers and other similar materials keeps printing businesses running. As print remains to be a useful and in-demand medium, printing business owners are challenged to enhance their operations. If you own one, here are 3 practical ways to improve your business:
Consider Renting Equipment
As an entrepreneur running a printing business, one of the first things you must do is to get the equipment required to operate your company. This includes computers for receiving orders, managing files and running printing tasks. Of course, you surely acquired printers that perform the tasks you need and accommodate the orders you get.
Your printers may be fit for your needs a few years ago when you started your business, but as demands pile up and with recent technologies introduced, you might find your printing machines lacking in terms of performance and innovation. This is when you need to consider getting a printer lease.
Renting printers lets you choose a machine that fit your company’s needs, whilst giving you the flexibility to upgrade without too much fuss. With this service, you just need to send the current unit back to your service provider and you can get a more modern and more suitable one. Just make sure that you get reputable brands such as Kyocera, Ineo Develop and Papercut.
Manage Your Orders Properly
Aside from getting printer hire, you want to make sure that you manage your business in an organised and efficient manner. Whilst the efficiency and effectivity of your equipment plays a great role in this, your document management software also contributes to the success of your company. You want to make sure that all orders are properly received and filed, whilst all related files are systematically stored.
Now more than ever people want to implement smart scanning so they can integrate into their businesses chosen software. For example with Lawfirms Leap is a popular software programme. The LEAP connecter sits on the MFP that allows you to simply scan and index your documents directly into your Practice Management System from the MFP.
Simply insert your documents into the document feeder of your Multifunction device, scan and index directly into the appropriate location based on client codes or matter numbers.
LEAPCloud customer billing codes and matter numbers are automatically created in the software as shared accounts, which these job details are then transferred to LEAPCloud for cost recovery.
This eliminates double handling and improves day to day processes for your staff, whilst ensuring accurate cost recovery to bill your clients.
We use Papercut as our cost recovery solution
This gives complete control over Print, Copy, Scan and faxing. Papercut MF is a simple software application that lets you take control and manage your printer, copiers and multifunction devices.
- Track All Activity: Instantly see who is printing, what they are printing, when they printed and on which device. View the central dashboard, any one of the 80 pre-built reportsand the document archive (so you never have to chase down answers again).
- User or Department Budgeting: Start by tracking costs by user, department, client or custom accounts. Get further control by allocating print quotasto users, departments or clients. They can track their print balances, and once the quota is gone, it’s gone!
- Print Policies: Create intelligent rules to limit user behaviour and enforce sensible policies. Use pre-built filtersto fix simple problems like removing jobs, encourage double-sided printing or create your own custom advanced scripting logic.
- Follow Me Printing: Protect sensitive documents with Find-Me printing. Users print once to a global virtual queueand release securely while at the device.
- Scan To Me: Associate Scan Actions to users for scanningdocuments to authorized email and folder destinations to enable business automation processes. System Administrators can pre-configure and deploy user Scan Actions including scan to me, scan to home and scan to folders.
- Administer Centrally: Easy and flexible setup with auto synchronization of user and group information from a source such as Windows Active Directory.
- Google Cloud Print: PaperCut brings its suite of print management features to organizations integrating Google Cloud Print (GCP).The combination of PaperCut and GCP enables users to bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) such as smartphones, tablets, chrome books, and notebooks that do not connect exclusively to existing print networks.
Perform Regular Maintenance Checks
Any business can always benefit from having the latest hardware and software. However, these can only perform their best if they are well-maintained. After all, these machines and programs still need humans to operate and preserve them. To ensure that you will be enjoying the full potential of your printers and document management system, make it a point to perform standard maintenance procedures. If you are not sure how to do this, you can simply get in touch with your printer lease service provider as they are likely to have this service available.
Proper management, maintenance and the right equipment are just some of the things you can do to improve your printing business. By getting your machines from a printer leasing company, you have access to the most functional and advanced equipment complete with maintenance and assistance you will need. Partnering up with one helps your business become more scalable, efficient and profitable in the long run.